cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent stops

fwilburn
Level 3
We just upgraded to BUE 12. We installed the remote agent on Exchange 2000, RA version 12.0.1364. When we run the script to backup, it stops the agent and gives error E000FE30. The backup to our SQL server is fine. I've looked up the error code and cannot figure out what is wrong. Help please.

Fred
2 REPLIES 2

RahulM
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the level of SP on the Exhange Server.BEWS 12 Exchange agent supports MS EXCHANGE 2000 SP2 and above.

Also are you by any chance also backing up the Exchange installable drive which is usually the drive letter M ?

Please refer to the following documents for more information on the probable cause and resolution

The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) terminates during a backup or restore job with the error message: "V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284155

"A communications failure has occurred" (a000fe30 HEX or e000fe30 HEX) is reported during a failed backup job of an Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 Server's File System

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255814

Not applicable
I too did an upgrade from 10d to 12D and my first try, when I try to backup Exchange, the Exchange Remote agent would stop, then I would get communications failure messages.  So I uninstalled the Exchange remote agent.  That uninstalled that agent and installed the Windows Remote agent.  So when I select the exchange backup, the Windows Remote agent stops, then I get communications errors with the agent.  So I manually restart the agent each day, and my files get backed up.  When the server hits the exchange portion, the agent stops, and I get an communication error.  The only clue is related to the old M: drive mapping that was in previous versions.  But 11 and 12 did not need the M: drive (right...)

So I have an NFR version, no support, and I can't install at client sites until I get the issue resolved.  It is a shame that the NFRs don't have any kind of support.  

Scott