cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent

sdcadmin
Level 5

I am having an issue with the Remote Agent on a couple of servers.  The agent will not stay on the server where it has been installed.  I have:

1.  Used the repair utility, rebooted the server, the agent becomes available.

2.  Used the repair utility, did not reboot the server, the agent becomes available.

3.  Used the add utility, rebooted the server, the agent becomes available.

4.  Used the add utility, did not reboot the server, the agent becomes available.

5.  Uninstall/Reinstalled the agent, rebooted the server, and the agent become available.

6.  Uninstall/Reinstalled the agent, did not reboot the server, and the agent become available.

7.  Simply reboot the server and the agent becomes available.

The agent stays on the machine for about a day or 2 and then I get a job fail message that Backup Exec can't connect to the Remote Agent.  Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Exclude Symantec folder from Anti-Virus scan.

2) Make sure port10000 is being used by beremote only.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the media server cannot commnicate with the remote agent, it is usually because the remote agent crashed.  If the remote agent had crashed, check the Eventlog to see what is the reason for the crash.

Also, check that the remote server is not very busy during the backup which could cause a time-out.  Likewise, check that the network between the media and remote servers are not congested during the time of the backup.

sdcadmin
Level 5

I ended up having to upgrade BE 2010 to BE 2010 R3.