cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Backup of Win 2003 server that already has BEWS 9.1

Not applicable
I would like to remotely back up a Win 2003 server at another site that also has BEWS 9.1. The media server that I want to use at my site has BEWS ver 9.0. Can I do this without needing a Remote Agent CAL installed on the remote server? If not, can I install a remote agent on that remote server along with the full BEWS that's already installed (server came that way)?
3 REPLIES 3

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Full installs of Backup Exec have the remote agent installed locally. (Look in the Services applet on your BE server and you will see the remote agent running)

The remote agent also does the local backups on the BE server, so you should have no problem connecting to the remote BE server and backing it up with another BE server.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

9.0 4454 alone is fully compatible with Windows 2003.Please check the revision number of 9.0

You may also refer to Software Compatibility List for 9.1

"VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers - Software Compatibility List (SCL)"

http://support.veritas.com/docs/261695

Moreover if BEWS itself is installed on the same Windows 2003 server performing a local backup is recommended.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.