cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent error on local machine

CSC
Level 2
Hello, I have B/U Exec 10d / SP4 running on Win2K3 server with MS Exchange 2003. About a week ago, the daily backup job began failing with the following errors:
Device : \\CSC-EX1, C:Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
Device : \\CSC-EX1, D:Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.

I do not understand why there is a problem with Remote Agent since I am only trying to backup the local machine.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CSC
Level 2
Only thing in even log indicates domain administrator login failed because it was not associated w/ the trusted SQL server connection.

I've fixed the permissions and that solves the issue.
Thanks for yoru help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
   VIP   
I do not understand why there is a problem with Remote Agent since I am only trying to backup the local machine.

I believe that recent versions of BE use the Remote Agent technology even when backing up a local machine.  But I don't know why you would have trouble connecting to it.  Is there anything in the Windows event logs?

CSC
Level 2
Only thing in even log indicates domain administrator login failed because it was not associated w/ the trusted SQL server connection.

I've fixed the permissions and that solves the issue.
Thanks for yoru help.