cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent not detected....

MArc_Laracuente
Level 4
I have two servers out of about 50 that, several times a week, fail to be backed up due to the message - Remote Agent not detected on <Servername>.   Sometimes these servers get backed up with no error but most of the time I get that. I have removed and reinstalled the remote agent several times to no success. We use all W2K3/SP1 servers, BE11d with all latest updates and drivers applied.
There is nothing else using port 10000 on the servers as well and the Remote agent services never stops or crashes.

Can anyone help or give me some ideas ?

Thanks ahead
5 REPLIES 5

Eugene_Coles
Level 3
I am current experiencing the same exact problem with an exchange server.  Was there ever a resolution to this issue??

MArc_Laracuente
Level 4
Interesting. These servers im having issues with are also all Exchange 2003 servers.  Some Exchange servers don't have the issue at all while several others do. They are all the same build, same hardware, same version of Exchange and remote agents. Identical in every way.  I hope someone can help with this or can point in the right direction to help troubleshoot.

Message Edited by MArc Laracuente on 08-31-2007 12:01 PM

Eugene_Coles
Level 3
Same here.. I have 5 2003 Exchange servers that are virtually identical but there is a problem with only one?

Joseph_Gremilli
Level 4
I seem to have this problem occasionally on one machine out of about 120.  Instead of using the DNS name, I set up the IP address in the user define selections and then connect to the ip address fore that machine.  It seems to work. 

-Joe

Eugene_Coles
Level 3
I just discovered the root of my problem was I had two servers sharing the same backup LAN IP address. I gave the failing server a new IP and it solved my problems.