cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent problem with Symantec Exec 2010R2

itculimer
Level 2

Hi,

I would have the remote agent problem on my product of Symantec Exec 2010 R2 with the error status: "e0000f04 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer." And this error refers to link V-79-57344-3844, but there was not an error code e0000f04 in the Knowledge Base page. Then it stopped running the backup process on my backup server.

However, I usually see the Job history log in the completed job with the recomendation "One or more Microsoft Exchange databases were backed up but the Symantec Backup Exec Active Directory Recovery Agent is not installed. Symantec recommends that you install and use the Active Directory Recovery Agent to better manage your Microsoft Exchange data.". And Symantec forum would confirmed that there is no need to get that Agent type if it is not necessary.

It could be my favor to getting any comment that can assist me deal with my problem.

Thanks.

Tran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This can happen if the RAWS agent has stopped on the target server, so check that out. You should also make sure that your AV isn't perhaps blocking the beremote.exe service, and if so, put in an exclusion for that, as well as ensuring that port 10000 is open on any firewall running on that server (assuming you have enabled it!).

If it still doesn't come right, uninstall the RAWS agent, and then push-install it again.

As for the second message, ignore it.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This can happen if the RAWS agent has stopped on the target server, so check that out. You should also make sure that your AV isn't perhaps blocking the beremote.exe service, and if so, put in an exclusion for that, as well as ensuring that port 10000 is open on any firewall running on that server (assuming you have enabled it!).

If it still doesn't come right, uninstall the RAWS agent, and then push-install it again.

As for the second message, ignore it.

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just confirm that the Remote Agent service is running on that remote server. May be its stopped due to some reason.

Thanks,

-Sush...

itculimer
Level 2

Hi,

This is the un-frequently problem on my environment, it also can be fixed when I run the failed job again. However, I just added the beremote.exe to AV trusted application to prevent the services blocking. Keep monitoring...

Thanks for your advice.

Tran