cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove remote agent

Level 2
We have Backup Exec 9.1 installed and have two installs of remote agent. I want to uninstall one of the remote agents and move to another machine. I have read the article at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/232443.htm.

The article says to remove the remote agent serial number via "'additional options". What does it mean by "additional options". Where can the "additional options" choice be found?

If the serial number is removed will the other remote server still work? There are no clear instructions about what to do if you want to move a remote agent to a different machine. Once again I have two remote agents and only want to move one.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Stephanie_Ramse
Level 2
Go to Tools on the menu bar of your BE server installation, and go to Serial Numbers and Installation... you will be able to remove it from there by stepping through the wizard until you get to the serial numbers. Click on the serial number you wish to remove, and hit the remove button in the top right corner.

Hope this helps.

ramone
Level 3
If you need to remove the remote agent directly from the server itself, its accesible via add/remove programs.

Is this what you meant?

John

Level 2
Thanks to all of you for your reply's. From reading the support material I know they recommend removing the serial number. Though, I have one serial number for two remote agent license. My concern is that if I remove the serial number then it will disable the second remote agent.

What I am trying to accomplish is to remove the remote agent from one machine and move to another, without harming the remote license setup for my second license. One of the post mentioned using add/remove from the remote server. Is this all I would need to do or is the other steps (i.e edits to registry) still required?

Joe

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Add/Remove on the remote machine should be all you need to do.
(with a re-boot as soon as you can schedule it, of course)Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us on the current status of this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.