cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Server Selections not available

David_Kafrissen
Level 2
We removed a server that had a remote agent but did not first remove the selection. We moved the share to another server and I added that to the selections, but cannot remove the old selections, so it fails when finding that share. Backup runs fine otherwise and I would prefer not to recreate the entire job. Anyway to unselect all selections no matter if the server is availabe or not and then reselect the proper shares?

Thanks
Dave
2 REPLIES 2

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi David,

Delete the selections from the text view of the selection list.

1. Open Backup Exec | Job Setup | Select the required job | Right Click | Properties. Note down the selection list name.Close the window.

2. Open Backup Exec | Edit | Edit selection list.

3. Select required selection list | Edit >From view Format select "Text" find the entry of the old machine name.

4. Select the old machine name, delete it, click "OK".

5. From the Job properties | Selections | Text format , cross verify that entry is removed.

6. Try to perform a test backup and verify the result.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to get in touch with us if the problem persists or for any further queries or information required.

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

David_Kafrissen
Level 2
Thanks, that was so simple I am kicking myself, server me right for only using gui.