Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report automation for Backup Exec

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hey guys,

Am basically from Netbackup technology and i deployed into a project where it also having Backup Exec, it's having lots of small sites deployed with backup exec almost 40 Backup exec enviroment with mixed version. I got assigned a task to pull backup report on daily basis by logging into the server manually Which really consuming lots of man hour. Requesting to give some idea or solution to automate the reporting and monitoring part.

The backup Exec version's: 9.1,10,12,12.5,10d,11d,2010,2010R2,2010R3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

CASO would assist in this regard, but only for 1 version of BE. You have multiple versions, and BE would only work 1 version back. IN this regard, unless you plan to move to BE 2010 R3 across the board for instance, you can't make use of CASO.

You can try getting hold of the trial version of Symantec OpsCenter which might be able to pull your reports as you want...check the link below to the forum:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/opscenter

Alternatively, check your PM that I have just sent you...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

CASO would assist in this regard, but only for 1 version of BE. You have multiple versions, and BE would only work 1 version back. IN this regard, unless you plan to move to BE 2010 R3 across the board for instance, you can't make use of CASO.

You can try getting hold of the trial version of Symantec OpsCenter which might be able to pull your reports as you want...check the link below to the forum:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/opscenter

Alternatively, check your PM that I have just sent you...

Thanks!

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hi Craig,

Thank you for you suggestion. Ill go through on the above points, and look for any possibilites of automation.

teiva-boy
Level 6

To be honest, you have to look OUTSIDE of Symantec for this level of reporting.  There are a number of products that can handle this to some degree, but you also have some very old versions of BackupExec too.

I would highly suggest getting rid and upgrading the BE 9, 10, 11d, and 12 installs.  Stick wtih 12.5 and higher.  THen you can look into EMC Data Protection Advisor, Bocada, Aptara, and a few others.  But watch out for compatibility.  Some or all may not support those old versions of BE.