cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report problem when using bemcmd

Michael_Ryall
Level 3
I recently upgraded from BE v9.1 to v10.0. I was running a report using the Operations Overview report run from bemcmd.exe and using the '@Days After' parameter. Since the upgrade, I can still get the report but only for the current day and not future dates. The '@Days After' parameter seems to be ignored. If I run the report from the gui (bkupexec.exe) it runs fine. I have a script which parses the output of the report to tell me which tape to load for a future backup so I would like to get the bemcmd.exe version of the report working again.
5 REPLIES 5

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

In order to isolate the issue, we suggest you to post us the commmand or script which you are trying to run so that we can analyze the command and be able to give you an accurate solution.

Thanks.

Michael_Ryall
Level 3
The command used was:

bemcmd.exe -o402 -r12 -ps:"@Days Before=0,@Days After=5" -f"C:\Temp\BkupSched.xml" -ft:2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
See if this works.

instead of using bemcmd - try bemcmd91 - this is the bemcmd command from version 9.1.

Michael_Ryall
Level 3
The bemcmd91.exe produced the same output as the bemcmd.exe. It just seems to ignore the @Days After parameter and just gives me what is scheduled for today. I did manage to find another report (Current Job Status) that gives me the same information I need and works well from the bemcmd.exe.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

Form the post it seems that you have managed to generate another report and get the results you expected. Please kindly update us if the query is resolved. If the query is not resolved then please post us so that we can troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks