cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Issues

jphillips85
Level 2

When I run reports for my boss, they show all kinds of failures.  When I look at the jobs, it may have backed up 25 servers fine, but can't verify one file and it shows fail for the entire job.  When they see the reports, they think we aren't getting backups because it shows the job fails.   Failure of the job is an innacurate description of this, is there something else that others are doing? 

Thank you

Jeff

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Jeff,

I get that with the System State on a number of servers, specifically because McAfee has decided that Backup Exec won't get access to that anymore!

I normally get our site reps to mark it as Successful on the web reports they do for us.

You can exclude that particular file, or back it up separately. Alternatively troubleshoot why your backups are failing...and as a last resort, get management to understand that it might be a file that BE cannot access that fails the entire backup, but point out that the rest of the servers are recoverable.

Thanks!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Unfortunately it depends on the Status of the backup job i mean if it was successful or fail .. nad there is nothing much you can do ,but just troubleshooting on the errors you get in the backup job .

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Any news here?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

When I look at the jobs, it may have backed up 25 servers fine, but can't verify one file and it shows fail for the entire job

You can break your backups into multiple jobs (one per server for example), executed through a policy.

This way, if one share on one server has a problem, just that one job is flagged as FAILED, all the otherw will be successful