cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Question

ronbombard
Level 2

I'm looking for a backup exec "job summary report" that includes the size or MB backed up of each "backup set" or "resource".

Does anyone know if this exists, or is it even possible to create one?    It would be a really stripped down version of the Job History.

I tried custom reports, but cannot find any fields that seem related to what i want.

Thanks for any info.

Ron

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Often asked for, never delivered

I believe there  is a thread in the "Ideas" area  (from the grey menu bar: Forums\Ideas)about this.  If not, start one, and if it gets  enough "thumbs up" we may see this in a new version

mjm1231
Level 2

This is exactly the report I have been wanting for at least 5 years now. I looked at the Ideas area,  but can't find anything like this in the Reporting category. Under All topics I went back as far as June 2010 but couldn't find a suggestion like this. I'm posting one even if it duplicates an existing suggestion.

It seems to me this would be a very common request. It would make it very easy to track growth in size of each resource. Much better than sorting through day after day of summary logs to chart growth rate or sudden spikes in size. Or has everyone else's IT department convinced themselves that size doesn't matter?