cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed. Event ID 34113

Sharon_Barnard
Level 3

I'm running a virtual backup 64-bit server, Windows 2008 server - Enterprise edition with BE 2010 R3 to backup my Exchange environment.  It was working fine until we had a power outage that damaged the MBR on the host server for the virtual machine.  A reboot of the virtual server seemed to clear the problem for a week or so but now I'm back to getting the error listed in the title.

I have an agent installed on both Exchange servers and all the VSS writers are stable - no error.

Do I need to re-create the job to resolve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Sharon_Barnard
Level 3

It appears I may have a bigger issue.  While waiting for a response here, I was going to try re-creating one of the small jobs that runs in this environment. I was trying to see what the selections were on the current job so I could reproduce it and I received the attached error.  I think I may have to log a support call.

Sharon_Barnard
Level 3

Update --  The DNS server preferences somehow got removed from the TCP/IP settings.  Once I put the DNS primary and secondary server IP's, the error went away.
Testing things further, I now find that the BE account is unable to log into the DAG which could be causing the issue with the jobs bombing.  I've tried my own domain account (I'm a domain admin) and even my account won't log into the DAG.

If I have further updates, I'll post here but any ideas out there???

lmosla
Level 6

Hi Sharon,  what version of Exchange are you running?  Look over this link (for Exchange 2007 or 2010) and check that all the requirements are in place http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO24128

Sharon_Barnard
Level 3

We're running Exchange 2010.  I'll look at the article - thanks

Sharon_Barnard
Level 3

Just to give an update, the media server and Exchange servers meet the criteria listed in the article

alioracledba
Level 2

Hi Sharon,

I am also facing the same issue,Did you solve this issue?

Thanks