cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ressources Credentials problem

guillaume_Allai
Level 3
Hello,

I use a win small business server 2003 premium on which I installed backup exec 10d.
This server is a domain controller.

I have created a backup job for an initial full backup and when I test the credentials with the domain\administrator user, it is ok for everything except for my SQL Backup Exec, Sharepoint and SBSMonitoring sessions (no other DB for the moment installed).
The error message is "Authentification failedon connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly."

The user is ok and password either as it works for other ressources.

Can you tell me what is wrong ?

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

1) Create a new user. Make newly created user a member of local Administrator group only.

2) Start Backup Exec, create a Logon account with same username and password as that of newly created user. You may refer to following:

-Start Backup Exec
-Select Tools > Wizards > Logon account wizard
-Add new logon account, type in the credential for the new account.
-Make this account a common logon account.
-Complete the wizard.

3) Create new backup job by selecting remote machine and select this newly created account from window.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.