cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoration Job failed

alharbi
Level 3

We are currently practicing a restoration test for a single email. Our backup solution is Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3.

but the problem is the restoration job is giving us the below error:

Error             : e0009b86 - Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote agent because a trust relationship was not established between the remote agent and the media server.  To establish a trust relationship, add the remote agent to the Favorite Resources in the backup selections tree
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39814.

i checked the trust relation ship between the server and the remote agent and it was fine also we have no issue for taking the backup from this remote server and the remote server is already in the favorite resources.

if anyone have a solution to share it, i will be thankful for him.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alharbi
Level 3

Hi there,

I fixed it and if anyone come across the same situation, the problem was that the agent installed on CAHT server has been expired. So, i uninstalled it and reinstalled again and the problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the version of Exchange?

alharbi
Level 3
Our exchange is 2010 clustered

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Can you please verify the trust between Backup server and all the nodes of Exchange DAG. Also remote agent should be installed on all the CAS servers.

Thanks

alharbi
Level 3
All the nodes including CAS are in the favorite resources and we are taking daily backups with no issues. Thanks for ur support

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Can ypu please attach the job log.

Thanks

alharbi
Level 3

please find logs attached.

Thanks,

Nitin_P
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Please try and push install remote agent on remote server.

This will let us know if there are any communication issues with ports as we use port 10000 and it needs to be opened.

Ref : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159323

Another way is please telnet port 10000 to the remote machine.

To me, it sounds to be a communication issue or Remote Agent issue which should be resolved after reinstalling remote agent.

Thank you.

Nitin. 

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Hi,

mpc.maaden.com.sa- Is this the DAG name?

Thanks

alharbi
Level 3

Hi there,

I fixed it and if anyone come across the same situation, the problem was that the agent installed on CAHT server has been expired. So, i uninstalled it and reinstalled again and the problem solved.

Thanks for your help.