cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Back-up Exec 9.1

Gaz_Chell
Level 2
Hi,

I have a problem restoring data from a remote location, I back-up to a local server each night then on Friday back-up to a server off site.

I need to restore a folder from the Friday backup from the remote server but it doesn't show up in the restore details, only the last local backup and a list with no entry signs by them.

I have copied over the remote server backup files to the local backup to disk folders but it still can't be seen, I have also renamed the local backup to disk folder but the restore still brings up the last local backup and the folders with no entry signs on them.

What do i need to do to restore from the remote backup and also remove the restore folders with the no entry signs.

Thanks Gary.
5 REPLIES 5

Mani_2
Level 6
Gary,

Perform an inventory and Catalog of the Media to Restore the Data.

Refer the following Technote.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/200962.htm

Gaz_Chell
Level 2
Hi,

I have tried that but get this error:-

The job failed with the following error: One or more pieces of media in the media family being cataloged has not been inventoried.
No objects on these media may be cataloged.

Any idea's?

Thanks,

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you get the following error:
one or more pieces of media in the media family being catalogued has not been inventoried.

Please do the foll steps:
1. At Backup Exec GUI, go to Tools | Options | Catalog
Un-Check the option "Use Storage media-based Catalogs"

2. Close Backup Exec GUI and stop all Backup Exec services.

3. Rename Catalog directory to Catalogs.old

4. Start Backup Exec Services.

5. A new Catalogs folder is automatically created.

6. Run a "Catalog" job on a tape.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply

asaph_Murfin
Not applicable
I have tried running with an empty catalog folder and the option button unchecked repeatedly. My understanding is that it should go through the taped file by file and make a new catalog, but it fails with the "One or more pieces of media in the media family being cataloged has not been inventoried." message.
I just need to get whatever is on this backup file, I don't care if there are files missing! HOW CAN I DO IT???