cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Data

Les_Atwood
Level 2
Started receiving error message at end of backup. Backup failed because it encountered corrupt data. Have purchased new tapes, run scan disk and Norton and tried erasing tape before each backup.
Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please paste the exact error message to continue the troubleshooting.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh

Les_Atwood
Level 2
Have set up a scheduled job to erase the tape 1 hour before the backup starts and it has run successfully for the last two nights.
If it happens again I will paste the exact message.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Please keep us updated on the progress of the issue. Has the error reoccured?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Les_Atwood
Level 2
Yes, the error has reoccurred but it seems to be intermitent. Some days it happens and then it will go several days without a problem. Based on the byte count it is happening at the very end of the job.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

What data are you backing up?

Also please see the technote to resolve the issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258696

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Les_Atwood
Level 2
I think the problem has been solved. I finally found the 'job log' file which enabled me to that it was reporting a single file as being corrupt, so the file was deleted and it has run OK for the past 3 days.
There is nothing in the 'help' to tell you where to find the log file.