cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange 5.5 Mailbox / Offline Restore / Exchange 2010 Environment / BE 2010 R3

tekzas
Level 2

Hi there,

I got the task to restore a Mailbox from 2006.

Back then we had an Exchange 5.5 Server running. We've made an online backup of the exchange mailboxes and the information store. We also did a

file backup, but the *.edb files are somehow not included in this backup.

I don't know if a direct restore into a temp mailbox on the Exchange 2010 server is possible with Backup Exec 2010 R3. I've also read in some forum, that I can get the flat database files (*.edb, etc.) from the online backup, when I duplicate the backup to a removable backup-to-disk drive. But all I see after doing so are *.bkf files. Maybe I've misunderstood this.

So, is there at least any way to restore the mailbox without rebuilding the Exchange 5.5 environment from 2006?

Many thanks in advance,

best regards

André

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot restore an Exchange 5.5 backup to Exchange 2010.  It is a Microsoft limitation, not BE.

Also, you are only seeing .bkf files because back then, GRT restore has not been implemented yet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot restore an Exchange 5.5 backup to Exchange 2010.  It is a Microsoft limitation, not BE.

Also, you are only seeing .bkf files because back then, GRT restore has not been implemented yet.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can try a third-party tool like this:

http://www.recoverdatatools.com/exchange-to-outlook.html

I have no experience with it.