cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange Information Store database

Jason_Eisel
Level 4
Backup Exec folks,
This is the first time I'm trying to restore the Information Store database to Exchange and I have a quick question:
I have created the Recovery Storage Group in Exchange 2003 SP2, however, I do not see an option (in Backup Exec) to redirect the database restore to the RSG.  If I do not redirect the IS database, will Backup Exec restore the database to the RSG or to our production storage group?
I referenced Document #264815, but could not find an answer.  If anyone can point me to a document or has any insight into this matter, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
jason
2 REPLIES 2

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
You do not redirect to an RSG, hence no info on it...

An RSG is an Exchange function, but here is the general info:

You create an RSG and assign a database to it.  The RSG will look for any restore going to the assigned database and when it sees one, it will intercept the restore and take it to itself.  In other words, Backup Exec will try to restore it to the original database, but Exchange is the one which moves it to the RSG instead. 

Be sure that you have assigned the right database to the RSG.  If you assign the wrong one, then the restore job will go right by the RSG and to the original database.

Jason_Eisel
Level 4
Is there any published documentation to support your answer?

Thanks!
jason