cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Job gets submitted to queued.

malarie
Level 3

Hello there,

I am using Bexec 10d on Win2003 SBS  and I need to restore a  300MB folder. I can create the job, no problem there but when I press submit, it goes  from Loading Media, to QUEUED almost instantly. All tapes are fine and detectable by the system. There are no background jobs, there is only this job that is active.

I tried to:

• Restart all  BE services
  • Rebooted the server
  • SCAN the media library
  • Inventory the  media library
  • Paused, Unpause

Nothing worked. There ae no alerts in BE, and no errors in the Event Viewer.I am out of ideas, and I am not an expert with this system. The backups are working fine. I have a full backu pthats 2 days old.

Any help would be  greatly apreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you conformed that the data selected for the restore is present on the tapes which are in the Library.

May be its trying to find some another tape which may not be present in the library.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

1  : Perform an inventory on the TAPE

2  : Run a catalog job on the TAPE

3  : Go to the media TAB, right click on the TAPE and select restore and create a new job and run the restore.

Hope this helps...

malarie
Level 3

The catalog job gets submittes on queued.. :(

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you tried a manual mount operation on the tape and then catalog?

Regards..

malarie
Level 3

This is getting strange.. The tape  is now sen as a Clanng Media..

Im not  sure what you mean by manual mount^

?

Thanks for the replies.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

May be the slot in which tape is present, configured as cleaning slot.

If so, move the tape into another slot and try running inventory and catalog options.

regards...

Dev_T
Level 6

Is it a stand alone tape drive or a robotic library?

malarie
Level 3

It is a Robotic Library,

malarie
Level 3

O, I did Catalog the Tape, and ran an Inventory on it.  

When I select the tape in the robotic Library and Click RESTORE, it says it cannot find the tape in the catalogs..

When I go to the restore TAB and create a restore, i can browse to the backup date, select the data (i see all of it) and then when pressing Submit (with ot without File Redirection) The job starts, then  the status change to Loading media  for 5 seconds, and then it changes to queued.

I am starting to be desperate. I know backups are working, but  I dont know why the restore is not.

Thanks for the help.

sids
Level 4

It looks like Issue Data present on Tape have got overwritten, Is these a issue with all other Tapes??

How old is Data which you are Restoring??

Have you tried Restoring from another Tape??

Sids..