cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Sharepoint

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Hello,

I would like to request some help with sharepoint restore, and understand better how it works.

How does the restore of individual files work? I have the backup of my sharepoint with the option of individual files enable.

I have tryed to restore a 5 word files from the document library, and i cancel it because the byte  count was in 200MB. When we make a restore of a individual file will the backupexec restore the full SQL database? 

I was using the redirect option to the disk, so i have just selected to restore it to the disk of one file server, but since the restore was already in 200MB and there was nothing on the disk, i have cancel the restore.

If i make a restore of a individual file to the default location, will the sharepoint agent restore the full sql database or just the selected files? How safe is to make this restore to my sharepoint production server?

In my test sharepoint server, i have done a sucessfully restore of one pdf file, but when i go to the mysite, the file was not restored. what happend? there are no errors

Thank you
1 REPLY 1

thegoolsby
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Alfonso,

This is expected behavior when you backup to tape.

The reason being is that Backup Exec has to create what is known as an ‘on disk image’ of the entire Share Point database in order to restore individual data from it. It is not technologically possible to have this image exist on tape, so we have to write out the store to a temporary location on disk.

The same holds true Exchange and any other agent that uses GRT technology to restore individual items.

This is why you had such a large byte count.

Let us know if that answers your question.