cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore exchange 2010 calendar for one user

bickyz
Level 4

Hi We have BE 2010 with daily + weekly backup. A member of staff somehow deleted all the items in the calendar while syncing with mobile device. Is there any way that I can recover only the calendar from last backup.

If it can be restored:
Does that user needs to have Outlook closed while restoring?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Yes it is if you have done a GRT backup to tape. Doing it to disk doesn't require staging. The default stage area is C:\Temp and it needs to have the same amount of free space as your Information Store is big.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi,

Simple...run the Restore wizard, select what you want, and restore to the original location. Outlook should be closed just to be safe.

If you run into any issues during the restore, manually duplicate to disk and run the restore from there as per my article:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

bickyz
Level 4

thank you CraigV;

by the way will it restore to original location by default

or I have to populate the info in the Microsoft Exchange Redirection tab

CraigV

...should be to the original location, or redirected elsewhere if you so desire.

Thanks!

bickyz
Level 4

thank you CraigV;

Its on "Staging" operation; seems likes it will stage whole Information Store; Is this normal?

Is there much quicker way to simply restore the Calendar ?

CraigV

Yes it is if you have done a GRT backup to tape. Doing it to disk doesn't require staging. The default stage area is C:\Temp and it needs to have the same amount of free space as your Information Store is big.

Thanks!

bickyz
Level 4

thank you very much