cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore fails when BE moved to new server

Christopher_Hun
Level 2
My backup server failed. I moved the tape drive and the BE software to a new server. I can backup data, but when I try to restore data from tape that was created prior to the move it fails (Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304)

Followed the instructions, still fail.

Called support yesterday, paid a 100 dollars, and no one has called me yet (good thing I told them it was a priority)

I then read an article regarding the catalog folder, and the tapes can not be cataloged becuase the catalog folder does not have the appropriate info. Well I was able to get a copy of the catalog folder from the old server, renamed the existing folder and copied the old one in. Now I try a restore, it just repeatedly states loading media, and on the Job history report it states:

Media used             : 000109L2

Every time it says loading media, it adds another line.  Please help, need to regain all of my data.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Christopher_Hun
Level 2
I recieve the original error:

e0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Did you do that?  what ws the result?

Otherwise it's time for VooDoo tech support -
Shut down the Backup Exec services, rename the \Catalogs dir to \Catalogs.old

restart the services, then invertory and catalog the tape.  You should now be able to restore from it

remember to rename you catalog folder back