Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from AD

EvgeniyL
Level 5

Hello.

I restored  OU in AD with error:  

V-79-57344-33928 - Error: The Active Directory object, DC=test,DC=com/DC=test/OU=TEST/OU=DH/OU=DH_Users/OU=DI.DH/OU=DI.DH.URAB, could not be restored. Active Directory may not support reanimation the object from the Active Directory Deleted Objects container.

Access denied to directory Active Directory\DC=test\OU=TEST\OU=DH\OU=DH_Users\OU=DI.DH\OU=DI.DH.URAB.

Error writing file data.

V-79-57344-33981 - The system cannot find the path specified - unable to restore file description.

V-79-57344-33981 - The system cannot find the path specified - unable to restore file nTSecurityDescriptor.

V-79-57344-33981 - The system cannot find the path specified - unable to restore file objectCategory.

V-79-57344-33981 - The system cannot find the path specified - unable to restore file ou.

Credential user as start job = Domain Admin

OU=DI.DH.URAB deleted today. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EvgeniyL
Level 5

Sorry for my question.

Need chek Recreate deleted objects that cannot be restored from the Active Directory Deleted Objects container

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the deleted OU still in the deleted objects container. If so, could you restore it from there.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd379509(v=ws.10).aspx

If that foes not work, see if the issue matches to the one mentioned in http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH52122 and if so open a support case.

EvgeniyL
Level 5

I have DC (OS Windows  2003) and delete OU from dsa.msc

After restored OU in job log:

Restore Set Detail Information

The active files restored will not become usable until the computer is restarted. If system files were restored, they are restored to the time of the backup. All service packs and hot fixes applied after the backup may need to be applied again

I have to reboot the domain controller to the OU come from?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What exactly have you restored, was it the GRT data for the OU or the complete System State. If it was the System state, a reboot is required. Note that this way the entire AD is restored.

If you have restored only the OU using the GRT, no reboot is needed.

EvgeniyL
Level 5

There are new details the object was renamed might restore his place to the old name, or it checks SID

EvgeniyL
Level 5

Sorry for my question.

Need chek Recreate deleted objects that cannot be restored from the Active Directory Deleted Objects container