cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore job queued for 3 days. WHY?

JR4
Level 2

I'm trying to do a restore and it isn't running, just sitting as "Active: Queued". It's been 2 days and 17hours. The first restore was Active:Queued for 5 hours.

All jobs have been put on hold and the restore was deleted/reconfigured then run again, to be put on hold again.

All services restarted. Same deal. Tested credentials, passed.

I've restored smaller files with no issues. The drive to be restore is 2TB.

Canceled the restore, thinking maybe there was a folder issue. I tried to run a Verify job on the folder and THAT was "Active:Queued" for 45 minutes.

Nothing in the event log to show why or any errors/warnings.

Why is this happening?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you checked the job to see if there is an alert, which may explain why it's queued? Thanks!

View solution in original post

JR4
Level 2

Found out why.

LTO devices are only compatible with 2 versions below them, at least according to Veritas. So as we currently have an LTO6 device, an LTO3 tape is incompatible with it thus requiring us to find an LTO3/4/5 tape drive to read the LTO3 tape.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you checked the job to see if there is an alert, which may explain why it's queued? Thanks!

JR4
Level 2

Found out why.

LTO devices are only compatible with 2 versions below them, at least according to Veritas. So as we currently have an LTO6 device, an LTO3 tape is incompatible with it thus requiring us to find an LTO3/4/5 tape drive to read the LTO3 tape.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

LTO devices are only compatible with 2 versions below them, at least according to Veritas

This is not according to Veritas.  This is the LTO specs.