Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore job switches betwen queved ang loading media

Eder_Vargas
Level 3
Partner

Greetings, my problem is:

I have a task to restore to disk, but the problem is that the task changes between loading media and queued, and does not send any error message, the restoration is done to an external drive, the other tasks are done well, such as cataloging, inventory etc, what is the solution?, no more for now I thank you for your response

5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

How long it is been doing this. Normally when you do the restore it loads the disk in the tape if from tape and shows loading and then gets queued for couple of minutes before it starts the restore. It it is been a long time it is queued then please recycle the service and make sure the data from where you are restoring is available.

Eder_Vargas
Level 3
Partner

The last time it took 72 hours between these two states: loading media and queued funnel path is correct, this is not what makes me all the BKF, but with the majority, the tab device is placed in the folder and then play off

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is it a B2D folder?

While restoring a B2D folder have you got this issue?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Check in the alerts tab if it is requesting for some media, to complete the restrore operation also check the media requested in the alert is present and accessible .Make sure you run inventory on your tape drive or on your backup to disk folder before you run the restore

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If so, this will be the scenario you faced.

Disk space may be less for running the job.

BE deletes any expired media and continues the job.

If no expired media is available, the job is queued and the backup-to-disk folder is paused.

To resume the job, you must reclaim disk space or wait for media to expire.

Backup Exec automatically checks the amount of available space periodically.

When enough space is available, Backup Exec automatically resumes the job and job state will be Ready.

Throughout this procedure job state will switch between Queued and Loading Media.