cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of BE 11d media server

Brann_Mitchell
Level 3
So, we had a failure of our media server, which took about a week to build it back up to restore the machine to its former glory.  I did make a mistake when I reinstalled BE to perform the restore by not redirecting SQL 2005 to a new path.  I don't know if it's related, but now I'm getting an error about database maintenance.  The jobs still run and are successful, but with the exception of this error:

Summary of database maintenance activity:

Maintenance has failed: 10, Dump database failed
Total elapsed time: 00:00:03

I have repaired the database, but the error still happens.  I've also rescheduled the maintenance, but it hasn't run yet (it wasn't conflicting with backup jobs to begin with, but still I moved it).  Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

Brann_Mitchell
Level 3
Ah, nope.  I did an uninstall and reinstall of BE 11d and SQL 2005 Express, and still get the same DB Maintenance error.

If I do a Repair install, do I lose all the schedules and media sets?  I'd rather not lose those!

Brann_Mitchell
Level 3
Finally gave up trying and called Symantec support.  Ajit, you da man!  After 3+ hours, and an uninstall and reinstall of both BE11d and the SQL database, both are working great.  I do have to put in the keys again, but that's small fries.