cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of Exchange Mailbox- nothing showing in first storage group

tjones59
Level 2
I am backing up an Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 server with Backup Exec 11d with Exchange agent installed.  Tried for the first time to restore a users mailbox.  When I go through restore procedure First Storage Group shows 0KB in the catalog on every nightly backup.  If I go to the job log it is showing 83GB backed up and verified for the First Storage Group.  Tried renaming catalog and allowing program to create new catalog, which it did, but still shows 0KB in the first storage group.  I've checked several tapes against logs and each one is doing the same thing.  Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the data in the First Storage Group to show up?
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Have you tried restoring the data to verify it's on the tape?  Most likely you're just seeing a GUI bug where it does not display the size of the information store.  I would suggest to do a test restore to a recovery storage group to see how much data is restored.

wbierce
Not applicable

Hi,  I'm hoping to hear that you may have a resolution to this problem, which I am also experiencing.  We've been doing backups, no problem, with 11d.7170 and suddenly the First Storage Group shows 0kb in the restore setting, even though the job logs say that they are successfully being backed up.

Thanks!