cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore to Exchange 2010 uing the RDB

Amida
Level 3

Hi Guys

Just want to check if someone have come across an article explaining how to restore to a Exchange 2010 Recovery Database with Backup Exec 2010. 

I have created the RDB in Exchange 2010 but I can't seem to find anything else on the subject. 

6 REPLIES 6

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I could not find any document for the same. But frm the option available in the Restore job properties you have to select the options as shown in the attached file:

In the restore job you will have to select the Database to be restored. Then go Microsoft Exchange Redirection and enter the Exchange server name

Then enter the name of Recovery Database that you have created.

Kepping all the other settings as default you can run the restore.

You may also refer to the following technote before the restore " http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO21796 "

Thanks,

-Sush...

Amida
Level 3

Thanks for the information. 

I'm trying to do a restore but get the following error:

The job failed with the following error: Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted, or because the recovery storage group or recovery database is not properly configured. Use the Exchange System Manager or Exchange Management Console to check the configuration of the recovery storage group or recovery database and the mount status of the databases.

You don't possibly have an article on how to setup the RDB? 

Sush---
Level 6

Here is the link (not from Symantec) about creating the RDB:

http://www.myexchangeworld.com/tag/rdb/

Also you can check the Exchange Manage Console and confirm that the Recovery Database is showing as Dismounted.

Also confirm that the option to Overwrite the Database (recovery db) is selected.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Amida
Level 3

Thanks Sush

I've configured everything as stated. Where do I check if Overwrite is selected? 

Sush---
Level 6

In the Exchange Manage Console  you can go to the properties of the Recovery Database where you should be able to see the option.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Amida
Level 3

Hi Sush if I click on the properties of the RBD there is no configurable options.