cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore to Oracle using Oracle agent fails

Yariv_none
Level 3
Hi,

I'm trying to restore to an Oracle server, I have an Oracle agent installed on the server, and I have no problem backing it up, also I have no problem restoring if i'm redirecting it to a folder, but when I try restoring directly to the Oracle server I get this error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846a - The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33898

why does this happen?
also sometimes when I try to backup the Oracle server, for some reason I don't have access to the oracle agent (can't see the databases), and I need to restart the Oracle agent service and then it's fixed, I tried that here and it didn't help.

please help me!

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi,

What is the version of Oracle that you are using?

Are you restoring using the same accont that you backed up from?

Make sure the account has these rights:

How to determine if an Oracle account configured for the Backup Exec Agent for Oracle has sufficient privileges to connect to and back up an Oracle Database

http://support.veritas.com/docs/234629

How to create an Oracle account and verify the permissions assigned for the Backup Exec Agent for Oracle

http://support.veritas.com/docs/230036

Yariv_none
Level 3
The account has sufficient privileges to back up, since I had no problems backing up
but It still cannot restore the database directly from tape.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Could you please inform us how u are running the restore? Do you want to restore all the databases or just a few tablespaces?

Would it be possible to recreate the System logon account and set it as the default one?