cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore to a different Server

Alex_Aragundi
Level 3
I am in the middle of decommissioning a Windows 2000 file server and moving its contents to a new 2003 Server. I have tried to restore a share from the 2k server to the 2K3 server and it does move the shared folder but it does not move the permissions of the folder. I searched this forum and found that I need to check “preserve tree’ and ‘restore security’ on the General tab. I did this and it still does not bring over the permissions of that folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex
7 REPLIES 7

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Are the two servers in the same domain? Or in two domains with a trust between them?

Alex_Aragundi
Level 3
Thanks for the reply; yes they are in the same domain. only difference is that one is WIN2K SVR and the other is WIN2K3 SVR

Alex_Aragundi
Level 3
TTT

thanks

Alex

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Alex,
Are you also trying to transfer the system state and active partition information?
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Alex_Aragundi
Level 3
No I am tring to restore a share to a different] server (name, IP Address, etc) while keeping the present security in tact during the move.

I have home folders in the 'user' share on a file server and I want to transfer that 'user' folder to an entirely differnt server

Thank You
Alex

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please check whether the technte helps you resolve the issue:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263559

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Alex_Aragundi
Level 3
I have done those exact seps. Any other suggestions?