cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Exchange public calendar from RD1000 not working?

ComputerFlake
Level 4

Hello. I've got a RD1000 and I can see the data on it. I go into Storage -> Backup Sets and I can see the database has been backed up. I right click on it, making sure the correct tape is in the drive, and choose Verify. It verifies. I can see the actual BKF file on the disk. Yet when I run a restore of that one folder it keeps asking me for another tape. I know the tape is correct. The dates are correct and the thing verifies. Why is it not allowing me to restore the stinking database?

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Is your media server and remote servers fully patched with the most recent live updates?  There have been some RD1000 Hotfixes released.

What version of Exchange are you using?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If your backup is from an incremental/differential backup, then BE 2012 expects to have the entire backup chain available for restore.

ComputerFlake
Level 4

All patches are applied and running SP3. It's Exchange 2010. The backup is a full backup.

It sees the data but when I run the restore it pops the RDX cartridge out and asks for the correct cartridge. This makes no sense and I can't have any faith in a backup software that doesn't work. I've restored data from tape with BE2012 to Exchange so not sure why RDX would be different.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to insert the cartridge that it is asking for? Like phk said in case of Incremental/Differential sets, you might be able to see the data but for restoring, it will need the Full and all the Incremental upto the point it is attempting to restore.