cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Files

Jeff_Doubles
Not applicable
I would like to restore all the files from a folder as they were two weeks ago. I have monthly full backups and daily incremental backups.

Do I have to restore the full backup, then go through each daily incremental backup restoring them until I reach the day I want?

When I restore everything from the incremental backup on the day I want, I only get the files that changed _that_ day instead of all the files.

I'm using BE 10 for Windows Servers. I just have one server and it stores the backups on the same RAID as the data.
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

The answer to your question 'Do I have to restore the full backup, then go through each daily incremental backup restoring them until I reach the day I want?...is Yes

As the incremental backup only backs up the changed files, you will need to include every incremental backup to arrive at the latest state of the files. Had it been a differential backup, you could have restored the full backup and the last differential one. For more information on these backup methods and the way they work, refer to the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/230247

Revert with details if you need any other information on this.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.