cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring SQl backup Failed

jwc1972
Level 5
Hello

We are using symantec backup version 12.5 I have backup a SQl database using the sql agent I wanted to test the restore I keep getting an error database query failure V-79-57344-33938 I tring to restore the datbase to a test server. On The SQl Redirection I selected Redirect SQL Server Sets Then use this Path c:\temp What i'm missing
10 REPLIES 10

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Do you have SQL installed on the target server? In the sql redirection tab provide the target sql server name and the instance name, if using non-default SQL instance. You cannot restore to a machine on which SQL services are not running.

Thanks

jwc1972
Level 5

I thought we had SQl installed on the backup Server running, Do i have to tell the sql redirectution the Server Name and the database name is that the instance name I have a database called freeway so is the instance freeway?

jwc1972
Level 5
Reading Various Post I getting lost

we have installed a SQL agent to a server called A from The backup server we  have backup a database called Freeway which completed. Now i would like to restore the database back to the Backup server  I used the redirect SQL sets Ticked Then i selected C:/temp which fails Do i select The server name as backup server then the database name as freeway will this rtestore to the //backupserver/temp drive

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Yes, you need to provide the server name in the "SQL Redirection" tab. Provide the screenshot of your "SQL redirection tab and your restore selections, so that we can understand what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks

jwc1972
Level 5

How do you do that?

jwc1972
Level 5
 sql redirection.jpg

Hemant_Jain
Level 6

On the target server Nelson, what is the sql service you have? Is it sqlserver(mssqlserver) or some other name?

Thanks

jwc1972
Level 5
That very good questin, where do find that out I have SQL 2005 Loaded on the nelson server which runs backup exec

jwc1972
Level 5
When I run The Backup I get The following messgae

Unable to attach to a resource. make sure that all selected resources exist and are online and then try again erroce Code v-79-57344-33932 I don't understand why is is so hard i want to make the sql backup is working is say is working buit i want to make sure I want to out a copy of the sql database on the backup server

jwc1972
Level 5

So if i change The server The bkupexec and the server name to freeway Then restore to c:/temp i get the above error

sql redirection.jpgsql.jpg