cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring bkf files only

tolinrome
Level 4

I have many bkf files that I need to create a restore from. In a new installation of backup exec 2010 I created a new backup to disk folder and movedthe bkf files in there. I then did an inventory which ran successful. I then did a catalog on all the bkf files, the job ran for hours then failed with:

Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

What can I do to get this data restored?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Where is it that you copied the BKF files from??

tolinrome
Level 4

those bkf files used to belong to a previous backup exec server, its just a new Windows folder with all the bkf files in them. I moved them into the back-up-to-disk folder that was created. I just renamed the original catalogs folder to catalog_old and restarted the services and read an article where it said to uncheck the "Use storage media based catalogs" and I also unchecked ""Request all media in the sequence for catalog operations".

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

You can create a Backup to disk folder on the old location from the new server.

Thanks

tolinrome
Level 4

Rahul,

Please explain, I do not understand what you mean. There is no old location. Just a new backup exec server with bkf files from a previous backup exec server that I need to restore.

Thanks.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...how will this even begin to help the OP?

Or is this a shot in the dark suggestion?

Thanks!

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Inspite of the error while cataloging, have you attempted to perform a restore?