cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring data to NAS box's shares fails

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello 

One of our client is restoring data using redirection option onto Nas box (192.168.1.229). The restore job is flat file restore. The job fails with this error 

BE2012 sp1a

Restore- 192.168.1.229
Remote Agent not detected on 192.168.1.229

Restore- \\192.168.1.229\Backup Shadow Protect Backup Store

Access denied to directory SERVER01.

Error writing security data stream.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In the restore job properties, uncheck the option (Restore all information except security for files and directories) & re-try the restore.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Have you tried doing a restore of those file to Media server and have checked if that works fine

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Does the BESA has full access to the NAS?  If not, you should add it as a local administrator for the NAS.

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hi

I can create new folders on that nas box using the backup exec user. I tried to restore the data and successfully redirected to local media server. But believe me it will be pain if I have to restore 2TB worth of data and then move to NAS box. 

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

What happen if you restore the data in packet like few hundred gb first on NAS and then next few hundred GB

Thanks

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello 

I am currently trying a single file 40mb and it is failing. So once we fix the issue then I will select the entire data.

VJware
Level 6

In the restore job properties, uncheck the option (Restore all information except security for files and directories) & re-try the restore.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please check link below

Hope that helps

Thanks