cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring folders older than 30 days

slawjar
Level 3

Hello,

It may seem to be a stupid question but I cannot find  any relevant info about it. I use BE 2012 nad try to restore folders older than 30 days lets say from my monthly backup from 3 months ago. Choosing the restore option can only see backups not even 30 days old (see attachment).

How can I see all backups older than one month.

Cheers

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can try going to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to repair the BEDB.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What date range you have set in the restore window?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It could also be that the older backups has bank overwritten

slawjar
Level 3

regardless the date range, I see what is attached even if choose start date 1/03, what do you mean by bank overwritten?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

what do you mean by bank overwritten?

It's a typo, he meant to say that the restore window will not show backup sets if the older backups

are overwritten. You need to check the overwrite protection period of the backups.

slawjar
Level 3

overwrite protection period for monthly backup is set to 27 weeks so it shoudn't be the case, I use 6 tapes rotating every 6 months, thanks for answer

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the Storage tab and see whether you can find a backup set for this resource that is older than what is displayed on the restore selection screen.  You might want to refer to your old joblogs to see which media were used.

slawjar
Level 3

yes I can see it, pls see pic attached

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can try going to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to repair the BEDB.

slawjar
Level 3

it seems to be solved, thanks everyone for hep :)