cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring individual mailbox

nathan24805
Level 2

Hi,

I'm running Backup Exec 2010 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 and on another Windows Server 2008R2 i am running my Exchange 2010.

Also i have the Backup exec running on an Actual server and the Exchange server is virtualised.

I am having trouble restoring the mailbox from the exchange server through the backup exec restore process.

I can't seem to find any of the user's mailboxes when i filter through the folders.

Is this because my backups are set up incorrectly or just me being a little stupid.

Many Thanks

Nathan

8 REPLIES 8

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Nathan,

Ensure that in Backup job properties the option of Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) is selected. It will be under the Microsoft Exchange tab in Backup job properties.

Thanks,

-Sush...

nathan24805
Level 2

Sorry i've just noticed that i made a mistake and i am infact running backup exec 2012 rather than 2010.

I have made sure that GRT is turned on for the backups.

Attached is what i see when i go to restore:

Sush---
Level 6

Hello Nathan,

Are the backups going to tapes or disk? If the backups are taken on tapes try to duplicate the backups to disk and see the results.

Ensure that Backup Exec 2012 is fully patched... and that Remote Agent on the Exchange server is updated too.

Thanks,

-Sush...

VJware
Level 6

See if this KB helps ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH193808

nathan24805
Level 2

The backups are going to tapes.

VJware
Level 6

That KB applies to tape as well.

Sush---
Level 6

Try duplicating to disk storage and see if that helps.

Thanks,

-Sush...

nathan24805
Level 2

i'll take a look at the KB and get back on here to let you all know how i get on. (will most likely be next week)

Thanks for your help