cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreival of information store naming etc, from exisitng exchange backup.

Paul_Mitchener
Level 2
I have a handful of tapes with Exchange Information Store backups that I need to restore. I have no idea what the original configuration of the exchange server was.

Am I able to retrieve the Organization Name, Administrative Group Name, Storage Group Name, Mailbox Store (Server Name), and the LegacyExchangeDN Attribute from the catalog or back set in any way.

I can achieve my required outcome using Quest's exchange recovery software, but I would prefer to avoid purchasing this software, if Backup Exec can be used to do the required restorations.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks
Paul.
1 REPLY 1

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Paul,

Are you restoring the data to a different Exchange server?

If you have taken a backup of an Exchange server and you want to restore it some other Exchange server then the following things need to be the same:

1.Organization Name
2. Administrative Group Name
3. Storage Group Name
4.Mailbox Store

If it is not the same and the restore then we cannot gurantee if it will work as it is a Microsoft demand that the above things have to be the same.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.