cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rev 7170 32-bit

Joji
Level 5
I've been searching your site to download rev 7170 32-bit. Could you please send me the link? Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Joji,

Here is the link for Backup Exec 11D 7170 32 bit.

BEWS 11.0.7170 32bit

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

Joji
Level 5
thanks. any documentations?

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Joji,

Here is the admin guide for BE 11 7170
Symantec Backup Exec (tm) for Windows Servers 11d revision 7170 Administrator's Guide (English)

Symantec Tape drivers

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

Joji
Level 5
I am actually looking for the documentation for installing rev 7170 on the media and remote servers. Thanks.

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Joji,

Look at page 81 of the admin guide for installation of Backup Exec 11D on local computer.

Page 87 shows installation  for remote server.

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

Joji
Level 5
harmstrong: do I jsut insatll 7170 over my current BE installation which is 11d rev 6235? what about the remote servers? thanks.

Joji
Level 5
HArmstrong: do I just install rev 7170 and the patches over my current install? same thing with the remote servers? do you know if any of these installations will prompt for a reboot? i will need to send an alert msg to my users if I need to reboot the remote servers. Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
yes, just install on top on your media server

Any remote agents should still connect, but should be updated as soon as you can, and the should not require a re-boot.

Any AOFOs will also need to be updated, and they will require a re-boot

Nathan
Level 4
You will need to uninstall the agents on the remote servers if they have AOFO or were Exchange servers.  I ran into this problem with my "upgrade".  Ended up uninstalling the agents, rebooting as required, installing the upgraded agents.  Had to take down the exchange server entirely to facilitate a complete upgrade as we're using a cluster and Backupexec refused to acknowledge the fact that I had upgraded the clients until I did a completely new install.

Joji
Level 5
THANK YOU NATHAN! I really appreciate this. As you know, email servers are critical servers and I need to send a msg to our users ahead of time should I need to reboot our Lotus Domino servers.
Joji