cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewind after Backup

Christof_Szelej
Level 3
Hi,

has BEx 10 a function to rewind the tape after Backup ?

I need this to short the time to get the tape out fo the streamer.

regards
chsz
6 REPLIES 6

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Do you wish to eject the tape after the backup job? In that case, you can choose the option 'eject tape after the backup completes' from the device and media tab in the backup job properties.

Revert with details if the above does not answer your question.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Christof_Szelej
Level 3
No, automatic ejecting is not usefull, because sometimes the tape must stay two or three days in the streamer to be able to proceed a backup.
My problem is, that for the manual eject of the tape, by pressing the eject button, the tape must be rewinded.
Actually it is so, that after pressing the eject button the streamer starts to rewind the tape.

AFAIK the older Version of BE rewind the tape after the execution of an backup-job. So i want only this behavior back.

regardsMessage was edited by:
Christof Szelejewski

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
AFAIK the older Version of BE rewind the tape after the execution of an backup-job. So i want only this behavior back.

No version of Backup Exec since v6.1 has had it.

Christof_Szelej
Level 3
Are you shure ?

On a mashine running 8.5 is the tape after execution rewinded.
So may there is no special funktion to rewind the tape but it is built in and work automaticly.

regards an a happe new year

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

There is no such funtionality to rewind a tape.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Christof_Szelej
Level 3
Hmm,

probably you can set the rewind function on the agenda for the next service pack! An old version 8.5 on an old mashine rewind the tape automatcly after the job.
It is only a restore of an old function.

regards