cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotic Library Fault

duncann
Level 3
Our Dell Power Vault 130T had experienced issues before xmas and needed the two DLT 7000 Units replacing. The first backup worked perfectly, but the next one issued the following error: Robotic Library hardware error
The Dell engineer replaced the controller board and PSU, which amounts to almost a complete replacement. But still it fails. I have followed all of the recommendations in Doc ID 242235 and still no resolution. However i have noticed that if i disable eitherDLT then the other one is able to back up without knocking itself off line.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Duncan
5 REPLIES 5

baddos
Level 2
Probably want to stop the backup exec and removable storage services. Then go into Device Manager and "uninstall" the changer and tape drivers. Now turn off your library, and turn it back on. After it's in ready state (finishes powering up, inventory, etc), then right click on the computer name in device manager and select "Scan for hardware changes". Now startup the removable storage and backup exec services. You might have to run the device configuration manager from veritas.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If either one works OK by itself, sounds susupiciously like the SCSI IDs of the two drives are the same

Also, are you current on firmware and drivers for your controller, library and drives?

duncann
Level 3
The unit is running on an NT4 server, so I have removed all of the SCSI Changer drivers directly from the registry according to the article. I have also loaded up configuration manager which detected the refreshed devices OK. There are no SCSI conflicts with the two devices, they are definately on 2 seperate SCSI id's.

Any further suggestion would be most welcome.

duncann
Level 3
The Dell 130T unit has the latest bios version and the drives are using Quantum DLT Driver for Windows NT4 Ver1.9. Please could you advise me how to gather the library drivers?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
From the library mfg website, I'd say

You are absolutely sure that the SCSI IDs are different?

Does NTBackup see and use both drives?