Did you mean: 

Robotic Library comes up as Stand-Alone Drive

Jeremy_Pond
Level 2
Hi,
Background info to start with.

Software:
BackupExec V10.0 rev5484
Service Pack 1 Installed, Hot fix 7, 16,23 installed. This is when viewed in the help about area.
Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 and all updates available at time of this post.

Hardware:
IBM x346 8840-11M with a ServeRAID7k SCSI adapter being used.
Backup Unit is an IBM 00N7992 external unit. It plugs into the back of the server via a SCSI cable. It has a 6 tape autoloader caddy, and has one drive.

Windows picks it up automatically in device manager as a SEAGATE DAT 06241-XXX SCSI Sequential Drive.

When you goto BackupExec. It comes up as a Standalone drive. Not as i expected. I expected a Robotic Library with 6 slots.

Things i've tried,
Updating to the latest firmware for the tape drive.
Using Veritas's device driver,
using the IBM site's device driver.

It still appers as a standalone drive.

Please help
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote to troubleshoot the issue.
Title:
An autoloader drive appears incorrectly under standalone drives, and a device reported as "Unknown Drive - Disabled" is displayed under Changers on the Devices tab of the Backup Exec for Windows Servers interface.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/235252

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jeremy_Pond
Level 2
The unit was a multi LUN device. The SCSI card was not capable of detecting multi LUNS. New SCSI card installed