cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotic Library only shows up as a Stand alone drive

Jayson_kramer
Level 4
I have an ADIC Fastore 7 Robotic Library with a Quantum DLT8000 drive. The drive shows up as a Stand alone Device. It does work as a standalone device. However, I need it to work as a Robotic Library as designed. I am getting Zero help from ADIC or Quantum.

After looking at another server we have with a similar tape library, It has "Medium Changer" Device located in Device Manager. I do not have anything what-so-ever resembling this.

I am sure this is what I need for it to work.

I have Upgraded Firmware on ADIC and Reinstalled Drivers.

Has anyone had this same issue? Any idea how I can get the "Medium Changer" Installed?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
While out of the box BackupExec supports one library with one changer, AutoLoader support must be selected at install time

Reinstall the latest build, ensuring that the option is selected, then run the latest Driver Pack ( http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/284012.htm ) to install the library in BackupExec, and you should be good to go.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

in BE , go to Tools > Wizards > device configuration wizard

-- if you see drive there then drag and drop it under changer

-- complete the wizard

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Jayson_kramer
Level 4
I was having a hard time figuring out how to reply and "Answer this Question...

Anyhow....... Thank you for the help. It helped me understand more about the products. Unfotunately, I spoke with ADIC, Quantum $ Veritas and got no where. The ADIC rep basically wrote it off as bad equipment. Since we don't have a warranty, it will cost $1000 to replace it.

OUCH.