Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotic library hardware error while inventory Deduplication Folder

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi have a problem,

Backups do not go to Deduplication folder, after Inventory, i get the error message:

Robotic library hardware error.

The robotic library has reported a general hardware error condition. Manual intervention, calibration, etc., may be required. This may be a device related hardware problem, or it may be some other hardware problem (i.e. SCSI card/bus etc.). The library and drive states have been set to offline. Please attend to this condition.

Job was performing came to 42% and failed. Inside job history, i see strange error messages like "e0008231 - Library - cleaning media was mounted".

Who knows what to do? Media server reboot did not help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The dedup folder emulates a tape library, hence all the strange error messages related to tape library.  Your dedup folder is probably damaged.  You should log a formal suppoart case for Symantec to take a look and they may be able to resolve the problem

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The dedup folder emulates a tape library, hence all the strange error messages related to tape library.  Your dedup folder is probably damaged.  You should log a formal suppoart case for Symantec to take a look and they may be able to resolve the problem