cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 11d (build 7170) and Exchange 2007 in a virtual environment

Jaz42
Level 3
Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting build 7170 and Exchange 2007 to work together in a virtual machine environment.  I've been able to get the eval copy of Exchange 2007 working, and I have BE installed on a separate virtual machine.  I've been able to execute backup-to-disk jobs for your run-of-the-mill files and such, but I'm not able to get a backup of the Exchange information store. 

Also, despite installing the Exchange Management Tools on the BE system and the MAPI/Collaboration Objects on Exchange, I'm not able to see the individual mailboxes of the information store in BE. 

Anyone know if this is an issue with the new build of BackupExec, or is it an oddity of attempting to run the software in a virtual test lab (yeah I know... "test lab?  We don't need no stinkin' test lab! Muah!")

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Jaz42
Level 3
So to add a little more information to my original question, I found that if I enable legacy backups, I can cruise down through the mailboxes that have been created on the Exchange 2007 system and back them up successfully. 

However, if I try to do an Information Store backup (which is the "recommended" backup method), the job fails with an Access is Denied error (error code V-79-57344-33928, whose link in the error message gives a 404 error when you try to visit it... nice... )

Anyone have any ideas? 

mpriem
Level 3
Did you recieve a response yet??

I'm getting similar issues using Exchange in a Virtual setup.

Greg_Meister
Level 6
When you run the IS backup, does the job fail immediately, or do you get a byte count? What is the destination device that is being used, tape or disk?

mpriem
Level 3
Problem details are most likely te same as mine..
See: