cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Warnings

Dan_Marini
Level 3
I'm getting these 2 SNMP warnings after rebooting this server.  A repair of the installation did not resolve it.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SNMP
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1101
Date:  5/16/2007
Time:  1:43:09 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: 
Description:
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent key SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\SNMP\TapeAlert because it is missing or misconfigured.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00      

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SNMP
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1101
Date:  5/16/2007
Time:  1:43:09 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: 
Description:
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent key SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\SNMP\Events because it is missing or misconfigured.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00               ....   
4 REPLIES 4

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
It looks like you should just go ahead and delete that registry key.  As of 11d all of the Backup Exec stuff should be under hklm/software/SYMANTEC.  I'm thinking that you upgraded and that key didn't get totaly removed for some reason.

So just go ahead and delete the following registry key.  I'd strongly suggest to export it first just in case.

HKLM/SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\SNMP

Dan_Marini
Level 3
I'm not able to find the registry key you want me to delete in the registry.  I do see this one, however: HKLM/Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\SNMP  ...  But I beleive this is the correct one though.

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
I did a little more research on this one.  Browse out to this registry key and go ahead and export it before we do anything.

hklm\system\curent contorl set\services\SNMP\parameters\extensionagents

Any of those keys in there with the value that has "SOFTWARE\VERITAS\......." change those to "SOFTWARE\Symantec\......."

I'm pretty sure that this is the problem and that should take care of it.

Dan_Marini
Level 3
I made those changes and rebooted the server.  I still get the SNMP warning, but now its showing the new path in the warning.  I'm thinking it may need to be deleted altogether.  Is there a way for you to verify for certain that these 2 keys aren't needed, before I delete them?   Symantec should have a hotfix for this issue.  This must have happened to many other users as well.  This occured on all 3 of my servers.