cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Agent Problems!!

Richard_Aspley
Level 2
Hi,

I am using Backup Exec 10.d with the remote agent and SQL agent installed and I need to backup our remote SQL server's SQL databases and all of its drives System Volume Info.

I have setup a backup job to do this, in the file selection i have chosen our remote server and selected Microsoft SQL Server (i havent chosen any of the actual database files (.mdf and .ldf as i know these will be skipped), and i have selcted System Volume Information for each disk in the server.

When i run the backup it starts off fine and backs up the System Volume Information but when it gets to the databases it finishes and display the following message -

"The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

50 files were skipped."

When i check the Job Log it shows this error for all the databases "Database  was not found, or could not be accessed"

Any help is greatly appreciatted as i am desperate to get this sorted out

cheers

Rich
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

What is the error mesasge in the event logs?

Stop the antivirus service during the backup job.

Regards,

Deepali

Richard_Aspley
Level 2
Cant see anything in the event logs but i think i now know the cause -

I read elsewhere on the forum that if you have SQL 2000 installed on Windows Server 2000 x64 Edition on the remote server then you cant user the SQL Agent to backup SQL 2000 using Backup Exec.

Are there any fixes that would stop this problem as the post i read was from january?

thanks

Richard

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please install SP1 for 10d and then verify the result.

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 10.1 (10d) for Windows Servers revision 5629 - Service Pack 1 - Includes Critical Security Updates

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282818

Thanks,

Richard_Aspley
Level 2
same error occurring??

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

To isolate the issue, we would like you to confirm the following :

1) To ensure that Backup Exec has access rights, verify that the logon account used has administrator rights to the Windows server that the SQL instance is installed on.

2) The credentials stored in the Backup Exec logon account used for backing up and restoring SQL must have been granted the System Administrator role on the SQL instance.

Please enable the restrict anonymous key as per the steps shown in the technote below: (Enable the key on the media server and the remote server)

How to enable support for "" when using VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 8.6 and VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Thank You,

Shweta