cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Agent installation on remote server V10.0

Level 2
How do I install SQL agent on a remote server? The only options I get are "Advanced open file option" and "Remote agent for Windows Servers". Please advice!
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You don't actually "install" the SQL agent on the remote server. You add the SQL Serial on the Media server, which unlocks the functionality, and install the RemoteAgent on the SQL server to provide connectivity

Level 2
I did all that. The remote SQL Server does not show up as a selection.

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Follow these steps:

1) Go to remote server where SQL is installed: Open services.msc and check for these services:

a) Backup Exec remote agent for windows server
b) MSSQLSERVER

Both these services should be up and running.

2) Go to tools--serial number and installation ---check out if the SQL agent is installed or not.

3) Go to Backup tab and check out under remote selection under remote server----you should see the SQL ICON.

4) If you still dont see---Crete user-defined-selection using IP ADDRESS.

Under the backup tab---right click on the remote selection---choose---user-defined-selection---now under the UNC path put the IP address of the remote server.

Provide the admin user name and password of that server while authenticating.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254193

INCASE you are still unable to see SQL ICON, Go to tools--serial number and installation---remove the serial number ---complete wizard. Re-run the wizard and re-install the license key.

Should work.