cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Error number 4814

RR
Level 3
I'm running Backup Exec for Windows server 10d on a Windows 2003 Standard platform with all of the latested updates. I have the following error message in my event log:

An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server: "IPCW500\BKUPEXEC".
SQL error number: "4814".
SQL error message: "Login failed for user 'oo_veritas'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Does anyone know how to fix this error message?
3 REPLIES 3

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
To fix the problem, choose "SQL Server and Windows" as the authentication mode in Microsoft SQL Server.

To choose "SQL Server and Windows" as the authentication mode

On the computer to which you are installing the Symantec ESM Reporting Database Foundation, click Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager.
On the SQL Server Enterprise Manager tree, click Microsoft SQL Server > SQL Server Group.
Right-click the database name.
Click Properties.
On the Security tab, click SQL Server and Windows to designate the authentication mode.
Restart the computer.
Install the Symantec ESM Reporting Database Link for MS-SQL. Symantec ESM Reporting Database Foundation creates the ESM and SER databases.

RR
Level 3
I'm not running the full version of SQL on my backup server. I'm just using MSDE that is installed with Backup Exec.

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
Oh..Sorry

This error will occur when performing any type of backup on a server running Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) and not using the SQL Agent.

For the resolution:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264616.htm